Skip to main content

Musicians Who Are Major 'Twilight' Fans - Billboard News

Twihards, unite! Whether fans of the Twilight franchise rallied behind #TeamEdward or #TeamJacob, they have something in common with a couple of A-listers, including HalseyStevie NicksAdam Lambert and Evanescence.
With Twilight author Stephenie Meyers releasing its new addition Midnight Sun in August, avid readers might have the same summer reading list as their favorite artists -- or they might just be binge-watching the first 2008 film like the "Bad At Love" singer.
Here are all the times that musicians gushed about Hollywood's hottest blood-suckers.
Adam Lambert dressed up as a "glam-pire" for Halloween.
Adam Lambert's favorite holiday is Halloween, so it comes as no surprise that he dressed up as a character from his favorite film series in 2009. "I'm going as a glam-pire," the American Idol alum told RadarOnline. "I love Twilight, I love vampires, I’m a big fan, so I decided to go as a vampire who likes to glam it up."
Kelly Clarkson penned a song for New Moon that never made it on the official movie soundtrack.
Nothing makes a tween vampire drama flick juicy like a human's veins than a moody soundtrack to back it up, and the Twilight films were no exception to the rule as lead actor Robert Pattinson recognized last year. Self-claimed "nerd Twilight fan" Kelly Clarkson wrote a sad, yet sweet ballad "Empty As I Am" with her backup singers from the perspective of Bella Swan (Kirsten Stewart), but it didn't make it on The Twilight Saga: New Moon soundtrack. "It was [written] before they were actually looking for songs [for Twilight]. We are nerds and love the book so much!" she told MYX in 2016. "It's a very sad book, the saddest one out of all four. It's this whole Romeo and Juliet tragic kind of thing."
Hilary Duff knows what dreams are made of when Meyers' fantasy world within Forks, Wa. propelled her to create her own. The singer-actress made her literary debut in 2010 with her fiction young adult novel titled Elixir, which sprinkles in paranormal activity with romance à la her favorite book series. "I have loved every Twilight book. I would say that Eclipse would have to be my favorite," she told Seventeen at the time.
Evanescence
Much like Clarkson, getting a song on the coveted Twilight movie soundtracks was on the rock band's bucket list. In an MTV interview back in 2011, Evanescence exclaimed how much it wanted to score a placement on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 soundtrack. "I've been screaming for [new song] 'My Heart Is Broken' to land in that, because I think it would fit the story so well," drummer Will Hunt said. As much as their love for the saga bound the bandmates together, frontwoman Amy Lee recognized whom they sided with could tear them apart when the majority of her pals rooted for #TeamEdward. "Jacob [is my favorite], for sure," she said. "He's the good guy, he's the sweetheart."
Stevie Nicks
The Fleetwood Mac lead vocalist admitted her track "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)," as well as her entire 2011 album In Your Dreams, gained inspiration from the infamous fantasy romance series. She dished about it on The Late Late Show With James Corden alongside Twilight actor Taylor Lautner and Zach Galifianakis. "I saw the first Twilight movie on the road on a really small screen.... Then I went to the movie theater and saw the second one, and I felt so in love with it that I went back to my room in Brisbane, Australia... and I wrote this song called 'Moonlight' and it was about Edward and Bella and you," Nicks said, addressing Lautner's character Jacob Black.
She explained how she built the entire album around this song, telling the man behind the werewolf, "If it hadn't have been for your movies -- I've since made two records, In Your Dreams, and 24 Karat Gold -- I would never have never made those albums because I was so staunch in my belief that it was over." Lautner later chimed in to share a story about Nicks seeking him out at the last installment's major movie premiere to first tell him about the song and album's genesis.
Halsey
The "You should be sad" singer still wants all of her fans feel overwhelmed with emotion during this particular Twilight scene she drudged up. "have you cried to Robert Pattinson singing 'let me sign' in the twilight montage or are you normal," Halsey tweeted on Tuesday (May 19). The clip she's referring to comes from the first film when the villainous vampire James bites Bella, and Edward sucks the venom out of her arm to save her from turning into a vampire. Pattinson sings the folk ballad "Let Me Sign" playing in the background, which is featured on Twilight: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack as well as his other song "Never Think." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with Grief

Below are some sites that can help you cope with the grieving process. Death and Grief Teen Grief Support Help for Teens Teens and Grief Support for Grieving Teens Grief Speaks: Death of a Friend

CLASSIC YA BOOKS THAT MADE YOU FEEL SEEN

  K.W. Colyard   Jul 26, 2023 SPEAK   BY LAURIE HALSE ANDERSON I’m sure I’d heard of another book about rape before  Speak  came along. Hell, I might even have read one. But these days? This is the only book I can remember that dealt with one of the myriad possible reactions to sexual assault: silence.  Speak  and other books that deal with similar subject matter have the ability to empower victims of abuse to label what’s happened to them and seek help. ARE YOU THERE GOD? IT’S ME, MARGARET  BY JUDY BLUME Once a staple on banned books lists, Judy Blume’s most famous novel has been teaching preteens about puberty — including menstruation and boob exercises — since 1970.  Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret  was far ahead of its time, being one of the first children’s books to show an interfaith family on the page, and — along with Lois Lowry’s Anastasia Krupnik — depicted a child allowed to make up her own mind about which religion she wanted to follow. THE CAT ATE MY GYMSUIT  BY PAULA

JEWISH YA BOOKS: MORE THAN THE HOLOCAUST

 by  Jaime Herndon   Oct 27, 2021 I can remember the first time I really felt “seen” in a book. It was Judy Blume’s  Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret . Margaret’s parents had an interfaith marriage, like my parents. I’d never seen that before in a book, and it felt special to me. I don’t remember reading many of the Holocaust books people say they read as kids (Lois Lowry’s  Number the Stars  comes to mind, which is actually about a non-Jewish girl), although we did read  The Diary of Anne Frank  in school. To put it bluntly, we didn’t need to read many of those books at my Jewish day school. The history was in many of our families, with grandparents having numbers on their arms or stories of escape. It was in some of our teachers whose histories we whispered. We studied the Holocaust intensely our 8th grade year. I don’t think it was until after I graduated and went to a public high school that I realized Holocaust kid lit and YA lit was A Thing. Sometimes I cringe when looking at